Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in C:\PLESK\VHOSTS\teambuildingclinic.com\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\slider-image\slider.php on line 2325
Supervising For Success – Certificate Course For Team Leaders
The battle for competitiveness is won in the trenches. You have to implement well to win. There is no shortage of ideas and vision. The essential difference between #1 and #2 lies in their operational capability.
Good help is hard to find and a corps of well-honed supervisors is priceless. These are the sergeant-majors that ensure that the right things get done at the right time and in the right way.
Your Supervisors, Team Leaders and Middle Managers hold the key to your success. This is where morale and culture are finally shaped.
Supervising to Success gives this core group mastery over proven techniques for leading people that are guaranteed to enhance the productivity of your organization and to give you a competitive advantage!
Give us 12 direct contact hours with your supervisory, team leadership and middle management cadre and watch the change in the weeks to come as they adopt new attitudes and employ new, high impact techniques. No matter what business you are in, as long as you have people who lead people, this workshop is for you!
The coaching programme is structured to recognize the 24/7 operations of the organizations. Training will be delivered in 4 x 3-hour sessions. Unique reinforcement is provided by access to the acclaimed “Success with People” online experience.
You will reap the following rich rewards:
- Extended DISC/FinxS Supervisory DNA Reports for each individual and the team.
- Mastering the language of behaviours
There is no doubt that the people challenge is the single most important issue to be dealt with in your operations. We must bring new strategies to bear on this vexed problem.
The fundamental difference with Supervising to Success! is that it produces a consistently successful approach to the supervision of people by incorporating unique Extended DISC/Success with People Strategies. Supervision is about people and behaviour and the tools and strategies that are used in this workshop go to the very heart of the effective management of others.
The fundamental difference with the Supervising to Success course is that it produces a consistently successful approach to the supervision of people by incorporating unique Extended DISC/Success with People (SWP) Strategies.
Mastery of the Extended DISC framework gives supervisors a proven set of strategies for reading and dealing with the nuances of people’s behaviour to achieve objectives without some of the conflict that sometimes accompany a push for the attainment of goals. This is a real opportunity to give your organization a competitive edge!
Invariably participants come away from the course with “Now I understand….” and “That is why….” exclamations. Giving instructions and feedback are usually seen from a refreshingly new perspective.
- Supervisory Excellence – Exploration of High Impact Supervisory Strategies
Supervisors, Team Leaders & Middle Managers will be engaged in:
- Identifying the 5 most common pitfalls that ensnare supervisors and develop strategies for avoiding them.
- Appreciating the pivotal role of supervisors in the organization. Being the first point of contact with management while being an advocate and guide for their direct reports.
- Being led to a state of increased awareness and practical application of a plan for influencing others positively that will increase their effectiveness in the new work order. They learn in concrete and practical ways the distinction between being a supervisor and being a leader.
- Being brought to the point where they reflect a marked improvement in their capacity to present ideas in a way that gets positive responses as they unlock the keys to effective negotiation.
- Having to demonstrate the importance of tone and body language in communication and use the S.O.F.T.E.N. PRINCIPLE to get things said the right way.
- Learning to pass on instructions or initiate action without causing misunderstandings and stimulating resentment from colleagues. They learn the 7-step guideline for disciplining people and getting the desired results.
- Identifying new skills that they can bring to bear on problem solving. They understand and utilize the concept of completed staff work in the decision-making process without falling into the paralysis of analysis.
- Using R.E.S.O.L.U.T.I.O.N techniques to resolve conflicts.
- Utilizing new techniques and principles to manage projects and implement plans. They learn the value of measurement in getting results and understand the value of the concept of performance metrics.
- Practicing techniques for mentoring and counselling direct reports using a 4-part process. They learn how to use the ABC principle to offer meaningful praise and use the 16-step guideline for pinpointing problems and offering constructive criticism.
- Learning how to get instructions right every time as they implement an action plan for improving their listening skills and follow key guidelines for effective communication.
- Using proven techniques to handle objections and deal with ‘difficult people’. They learn proven techniques for restoring jaded and low productivity workers.
- Acquire the rare skill of effectively leading friends and former peers, without discomfort.
This is a high impact course that will move even the most efficient middle managers, supervisors, administrative assistants and team leaders to new heights of productivity. Of even more importance, is the fact that you will have empowered the key supervisory corps that lies at the very heart of your quest for competitiveness.
During the programme supervisors are taken through two further assessment exercises which examine Qualities of an Effective Supervisor and the critical Listening Skills Assessment. They leave with these results along with their behavioural profiles as reminders of their personal challenges and opportunities and the ways in which they might best apply the concepts that can make them more effective.
Post course On-the-job Assignment
Supervisors are asked to conduct a coaching session with key members of their team in which they pass on 3 of the most beneficial concepts that they covered in the Supervising to Success learning experience.
The Management team including HR will be guided through the assessments and feedback from the course of study. This has proven to be of great value in providing insights that would not normally be identified and devising strategies to enhance performance going forward.
The course of study includes the revolutionary Success with People Academy/Extended DISC/FinxS “Supervisory DNA Behavioural Analysis” for each individual and a unique Team report and multi-person comparative analysis. The course is led by an Extended DISC/FinxS certified presenter who will also guide the strategic review with the Management team including HR.
The investment is US$110 per person including the Extended DISC Leadership Style Analysis.
Tel: (876) 535-6677; 315-1345