Welcome to the SHRM-accredited Certified Behavioral Coach Program.
This certification program leads you to the mastery of strategies that will empower you to guide others into identifying where they are, where they want to be and the best strategies for getting there.
It relates to the application of tested methods for coaching behavior modification. The certification is designed to support leadership, coaching and mentoring, the enhancing of productivity and the creation of a positive environment in groups and organizations.
The crisis related to Employee Engagement is a major challenge internationally. Coaching at the functional levels is now an imperative for organizations who want to remain competitive. This is NOT an issue that can be simply left for HR to sort out.
The program is structured as follows:
- Over 36 hours of guided self-study delivered in multiple formats – text, e-learning, multi-media e-source books, videos, recorded interactive webinars etc.
- 10 live facilitator-led webinars. Attendance to these webinars is required for completion of the certification and for the SHRM Professional Development credits.
- Completion of assessment exercises to verify the transfer of knowledge and application of concepts.
- Content is provided to introduce concepts, then reinforce them and later ensure sufficient mastery as to encourage the coaching and mentoring of others
- Apply a structured framework for achieving success with & through people
- Use a Behavioral Framework to identify behavioral styles in daily interaction
- Develop sustainable relationships with persons with diverse behavioral preferences
- Settle disputes using style-directed approaches
- Apply and interpret behavioral assessments
- Give and receive feedback without pushback
- Give instructions that get it done the first time=
- Develop high performing teams and develop team spirit
- Provide supervision and leadership to different styles and varied situations
- Respond appropriately to different styles of leadership and supervision
ICF Core Competence: Communicating Effectively
- A. Effective Listening
Ability to focus completely on what the client is saying and is not saying, to understand the meaning of what is said in the context of the client’s desires, and to support client self-expression.
- B. Powerful Questioning:
Ability to ask questions that reveal the information needed for maximum benefit to the coaching relationship and the client.
- C. Direct Communication
Ability to communicate effectively during coaching sessions, and to use language that has the greatest positive impact on the client.
Certification Awarding Entities:
Success with People ™ Academy
International Coach Federation (ICF)
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Extended DISC/FinxS International
INFOSERV Institute of Technology
We are hosting a 30-minute webinar to provide you with more information and respond to questions. We have many bonuses tied to the webinar in respect of the 30-minutes you invest with us.
Logistics and Support Mechanisms:
- Access to over 36 hours of self-study materials on a module by module basis.Each module will contain a mini-assessment that counts toward the certification and SHRM PDCs.
- Live, interactive online webinar. You need to attend at least 10 sessions to complete the program.
- 12 months E-mail support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access to the 10-module “Success with People” Online Learning Experience
- Completion of personal Leadership & Coaching DNA Assessment and a Pre-program assignment
- Access to extensive library of course materials
- Formal award of Society for Human Resource Management Professional Development credits
- High Impact e-Books including “How DISCerning Communication Drives Teamwork” and “Conflict Avoidance and Management”.
System for Assuring Transfer and Application of Competences
Participants will be required to complete a formal open-book assessment process. In addition, they are required to conduct a coaching session with a least one individual and provide feedback on the process and outcomes.
Critical Aspects of Evidence
Coaches must provide evidence of the following:
- Knowledge of the value of classifying behaviors and of responding appropriately to them
- Knowledge of the DISC Classification Framework or any appropriate behavioral classification system
- Knowledge of how differences in outlook stimulate misunderstandings and conflicts
- Identification of strategies for avoiding negative inter-personal developments
- Recognition & appropriate response to key behavioral characteristics
- Use of strategic approaches to relating better to diverse groups
- Demonstration of how to resolve disputes and win favor with others
- Application of proven principles for communicating effectively
- Application of ground rules to effectively give and receive feedback without pushback
- Application of appropriate strategies for giving instructions to get tasks done correctly and quickly
- Selection of responses that will enhance team- or group-cohesiveness and improve team spirit
- Use of appropriate strategies for promoting excellence
- Choice of appropriate responses in leading and supervising different personalities
- Application of a strategy for achieving success with & through people
- Use of Behavior Modification strategies